"It cleans your breath while it cleans your teeth", can you guess whose slogan is this.
After working there for 2 years, he had known where lied the mistakes and what were the causes of loss.
Gradually with growing income, he reached donating 50% of his income. On 25 March 1857, he breathed his last.
Today, thousands of people work in this company. It started working with Palmolive company and made perfumes as well.
Hope you're inspired.
Some Interesting facts about Colgate
- Before selling toothpaste, Colgate used to sell perfumes.
- When Colgate started to sell toothpaste, it used to sell in jars.
- After twenty three year, Colgate changed its packing. They introduced tube and changed their slogan.
- The official name Colgate-Palmolive came in 1953. But the merger had happened on 1928.
- Colgate become number one tooth paste in world after establishing after seven years.
- Do you know, Colgate has a Guinness World Record. 41038 students brushed their teeth in Philippines and made this record.
- According to a research Colgate is used by 50% household in India.
- Even today 55% market share is in Colgate's name. It is a market leader since inception.
- Colgate was listed on New York Stock Exchange in the year 1930.